What were you doing five years ago today?
You might have been in college, like me, studying for finals.
Or, instead of studying, starting a blog.
Yep. I've been blogging for five, whole, crazy, entire years. For better or worse, every embarrassing memory, style of writing, emo fashion post, and a little random poetry, are documented in this site. Much of it is buried, thank God, but you can still find it. It's a matter of searching the right terms in my search bar. (Lucky for you, I linked some of my most embarrassing ones at the end of this post 🙈.)
So let's see, where was I five years ago? Well, I was 20 years old. I was at the end of my third year of undergrad. & I thought certainly, life was as complicated as it would ever get.
That's one really neat thing about blogging. Every year, I get to look back at my old posts, use a time warp (that I will hopefully find by next year) to smack myself in the face for thinking homemade filters were a good photo edit, and revel in the fact that I've grown up.
I barely recognize the girl I was when I started this blog five years ago.
So, I guess that's the lesson I want to share: everything changes.
Including this blog! Feast your heart out on the embarrassing posts of my youth. & from the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to visit me here for these past five years. It's been a true honor to travel this journey with you.
- When I was into rhyming, and I guess, really loved the beach. Here.
- Then, for a little while, haikus. Here.
- My second ever fashion post, also around the time I stopped using capitalization. Here.
- Then I started to draw. Here.
- & omg my first power tool. Here.
- When I thought I was finally an adult.... because I did my laundry at the laundromat. Here.
- I pretended to care about sports: here, here, here and here.
- I confessed a crush on ee cummings (what?! ya big weirdo) here.
- Then I decided to write and illustrate my own children's novel. Here & here.
- I got all emo about graduating here.
- & then I actually graduated here.
- I kept on drawing here.
- I went back to Miami University as an alum, here.
- I took ridiculous photos in front of construction sign here.
- I posed in front of the side of a house here....
- & in a parking lot behind my office here.
- I used wrapping paper for a background (and it looked horrible) here.
- & then told you guys all about my embarrassing posts... HERE!
I love you so much. Thanks for five tremendous years. xox
Photography: Jake Heath, Nikond3200 35mm and Kit Zoom Lens / Edits: Adbobe Lightroom and Photoshop